You may or may not be aware that White distilled vinegar is just the job for a multitude of household cleaning tasks. Cleaning with Vinegar is great for killing germs, bacteria and mold, this is due to the high levels of acidity, it really is a great alternative to using harsh, powerful chemicals. Not to mention its good for the environment is very cost effective.
Here are some great cleaning tips that make use of undiluted white vinegar
- A cloth soaked in it is great for cleaning your counter tops, it will kill all the germs and bacteria too.
- Do you have a smelly drain ? No problem mix one cup of baking soda with one cup of it, pour down the offending drain and leave for 10 minutes before washing away.
- Mix 1 part water with 1 part white distilled vinegar and use this with a cloth to clean the shelves and the walls of your fridge.
- Keep the inside of your dishwasher clean and sparkling by pouring a cup of it inside and running through a cycle. If you repeat this on a regular basis, the inside of your dishwasher will soon look like new again.
- Do you get limescale building up inside your kettle ? Add a cup of it to the water in the kettle, bring to the boil, then leave overnight. In the morning rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Do your lunch boxes smell of last weeks lunch ? Soak a slice of bread in it and leave it in the lunch box overnight.
- If you find that you have ants in the house in hot weather, they can be discouraged by spraying it, undiluted, around doorways, windows and anywhere else you spot them.
- If you have every struggled to remove an adhesive label or price tag, then soak a cloth in white vinegar and cover the offending label. After being left overnight you will find the label just slides off.
- If your tile grout is looking old and discolored, you can spray it, undiluted, on the grout, and after a few minutes, use an old toothbrush to gently scrub it clean.
- Fed up of getting streaky limescale deposits on your shower doors or shower screen ? Spray with it, undiluted, before you take a shower, and say goodbye to streaky glass.